A smart plan to reach your goals
If you want to reach a goal by all means, you often need to overcome some obstacles: loss of motivation, daily stress, lack of time, etc. We have asked several people how they motivate themselves to reach their goals: “Exercising or beer garden – How do you motivate yourself to do sports?” The answers to this question varied enormously: PR expert and mother Claudia (40) exercises before she goes to the beer garden, web designer Hendrik (34) is just able to motivate himself to do sports if he made an appointment with his friends, sales manager Alexander (46) always tries to find an hour of exercise between job, family and friends, and fitness trainer Suna goes straight to the beer garden in the evening as she does sports all day. Only marketing manager and passionate triathlete Thilo (51) did have a plan. His motto: “Training plan is training plan is training plan”. Those who want to train successfully, should be clear about their plans in advance. moveguard shows you, how you can reach your goals with the following tips.
You should set your goals according to the SMART rule:
Specific: Be very accurate when formulating your goals. Set a precise goal which is also…
Measurable. If you set a goal which is not measurable (e.g. I want to feel better), it is hard to tell whether you have reached your goal or not.
Attractive/activating: Set yourself a goal which is appealing to you. If you want to reduce your weight by two sizes you already know that in the end there will be a wonderful reward: SHOPPING! Nothing is better than exchanging the too big clothes with new, well-fitting ones.
Realistic: Losing 5 kg in a week is not a realistic goal. The more unrealistic a goal is, the more likely it is not to reach the goal and all the greater is the disappointment. So, set yourself a realistic goal!
Timed: If you have set a realistic overall objective, plan smaller interim goals on your way to the end goal. In this way you are constantly able to control whether you are well on the way.
Please answer the following questions as accurate as possible. They will help you define your goals and stick to them.
- Define your overall objective (e.g. participating at the next 10 km run, losing 5 kg)
- Write down, when you would like to reach this goal. In this way you can keep your motivation high!
- Why did you chose this goal?
- Describe the short-term objective you want to reach within the next weeks (assuming your overall objective is to participate at the next 10 km run, your short-term objective was e.g. to run 3 km without break in 4 weeks)
- Define your long-term goal. Think about what your life will be like after reaching your overall objective (after managing the 10 km run, I want to maintain my fitness level and I want to eat a healthier diet)
- How can you reach your goals? Who or what can motivate you?
Keep an eye on your goals
As so often in life, theory and practice often differ enormously. Theoretically I had planned to lose 10 kg until the end of year. Practically I just lost 5 kg because of the stressful daily life, because I didn’t have time to exercise and because I was often invited to parties. With the following tips this will not happen to you and you will surely reach your goals.
- The most important tip at the beginning: always think of the SMART rule!
- Always formulate your goals positively. With negative thoughts it will not be as easy to realize your goals
- Schedule your goals – plan buffer times, breaks, leisure time and rewards. There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to meet the objectives. Then people often give up and lose sight of their goals!
- This is very important: Your goals are top priority in your life – no excuses! So, no matter whether it’s cold and uncomfortable outside, you still have to go outside and train! Put on your runners and off you go! With the moveguard training companion you will not be alone when exercising. It accompanies and motivates you during each training session!
- Control and visualize your progress. That’s very easy with the moveguard training app. Here you can see how long you exercised, how fast you were and whether you trained in the optimum intensity level. With your individual training plan you will reach your goal more efficiently!
We wish you all the best for reaching your goals! Your moveguard team!